The Capital Region Road Roace Flyer with Race Guide is now available.
The Trooper Brinkerhoff Memorial race is back for 2013 with a new and improved rolling 12-mile loop. The expanded loop allows an expanded set of fields so that you can pick a race to suit your fitness, and the rolling nature makes it even better training! check out the flyer or the course.
Congrats to our winners!
1 47 2.11.40 JUSTIN LINDINE BIKEREG.COM / JOE’S GARAGE / SCOTT
2 4 2.11.40 ROGER ASPHOLM WESTWOOD VELO
3 84 2.11.40 SEAN SMITH J.A.M. FUND / NCC
4 48 2.12.46 MAX LIPPOLIS TEAM DANBURY AUDI/PEDAL & PUMP
5 95 2.12.46 BRAD WARREN J.A.M. FUND / NCC
1 166 1.54.24 LOREN SWEARS TEAM ELEVATE CYCLES
2 180 1.54.24 MATT MOORE CCC/KELTIC CONSTRUCTION/ZANE’S CYCLES
3 161 1.54.24 AD STABEL CENTRAL NEW YORK CYCLIST
4 154 1.54.24 OMRI RODEN THE BICYCLE DEPOT, NEW PALTZ NY
5 125 1.54.24 PATRICK GREHAN KISSENA CYCLING CLUB
1 215 51.01 DAVID BERTRAM TEAM OMMEGANG-SYRACUSE BICYCLE
2 227 51.01 SCOTT HOCK ADIRONDACK VELO CLUB
3 257 51.05 LYLE SCHULTZ CBRC
4 225 51.05 JONATHAN GIAHN CRCA/ASPHALT GREEN CYCLING TEAM
5 250 51.05 ANDREW RIZZI HRRT
The tentative 2011 race schedule for our area is noted below. More up-to-date information is always available from the race promoters directly or from Bikereg.
-Saturday, February 12 – Moto marshal Clinic (9am – 3pm), Downtown Hampton Inn
- Saturday, February 12 – NYSBRA promoter’s meeting (4pm), Albany Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Sunday, February 13 – USAC Official’s Clinic (9am – 3pm), Albany Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Saturdays, March 19, 26, and April 2 – David Brinkerhoff Memorial Spring Series, Coxsackie
- Saturday and Sunday, March 26 and 27 – RPI Cycling Le Tour de Troy (ECCF only Saturday and ECCF/USAC Sunday), Rensselaer County
- Saturday, April 9 – Ride for Wounded Veterans, Cambridge
- Sunday, April 10 – Tour of the Battenkill, Cambridge
- Saturday, April 23 – Binghamton Circuit Race
- Saturday and Sunday, April 30 and May 1 – Bennington Race Weekend, Eastern VT
- Saturday, May 7 – Women’s Clinic, Albany
- Sunday, May 8 – Saratoga Criterium
- Sunday May 15 – Bear Mountain Spring Classic, Tuxedo
- Saturday and Sunday, May 21 and 22 – Tour De Syracuse
- Saturday May 28 through Monday May 30 – Killington Stage Race
- Saturday and Sunday, June 4 and 5 – NYS Junior Championships, Rensselaer and Albany Counties
- Saturday, June 11 – Wilmington-Whiteface Road Race
- Sunday, June 12 – Saranac Lake Criterium
- Saturday, June 25 – NY Capital Region Road Race, Ravena (tentative date) (see below)
- Sunday, June 26 – Altamont Criterium, Altamont (tentative date)Date Changed
- Thursday to Sunday, July 7 to 10 – Windham MTB World Cup, Windham
- Sunday, July 10 – Pawling Mountain Road Race, Pawling
- Saturday, July 23 – Butternut Valley TT, New Lisbon
- Friday to Sunday, August 5 to 7 – Tour of the Catskills,
- Saturday, August 20 – Capitol Region Road Race, Ravena (new date)
- Saturday, September 10 – Altamont Criterium (new date)
A quick thanks to everyone who participated, especially the volunteers at registration, course marshals, and support car drivers! The weather wasn’t really nice like last year, but it didn’t stop people from showing up – in fact, the C-race was filled all three weeks, and the A-race was filled the first two weeks. CBRC donated $1,500 to the Brinkerhoff Memorial Scholarship, and another $500 to the Coxsackie Ambulance Squad.
Hurry! Preregistration closes at 4:00 today. We hope you’ll decide to save that $5 day-of fee and hit BikeReg!
The course has been substantially re-routed. Lap times will be slightly shorter and much more action will unfold close to spectator spots. It will feature the best parts of the 2006-2009 courses plus two new sections which will be a real pleasure to ride. Our experienced course designers have been hard at work with swoopyness in mind. We will have just enough slick spots to reward skillful bike handling but the Park is drier than it’s ever been for our race. People are going to fly.
Of course, the Chili Cook Off, free beer from The Albany Pump Station, and elite series prizes and podium presentations for the entire NYCROSS Series will be this weekend as well. You won’t want to miss it!
Elm Ave. Park is an easy 15 minutes from I-87 or I-90. Plot your route online to 261 Elm Avenue, Delmar, NY.
Hope to see you there - Chuck Q
LATE BREAKING NEWS:
Due to overwhelming demand for Cat 5 race spots, the Capital Region Road Race is now offering a Category 4/5 field to compliment the sold out Cat 5 field. If you are a Cat 5 racer and have been closed out of the Cat 5, you can now register for the 4/5 field at http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=10509.
We still need a few more corner marshals to pull this off properly. PLEASE contact Paul McDonnell to volunteer. All club members are expected to volunteer at at least one CBRC event each year. If you haven’t stepped up yet, here’s your opportunity.
This year we are a part of the Masters Cycling Racing Association (MCRA) series.
A rolling 20-mile loop, with several steep climbs (plus a 3-mile neutral start), the NYCRRR is a perennial favorite. Elevation gain is 1,300 feet per loop, maximum grade 16% (53×25 gearing recommended). The course is located 10 miles South of Albany, in Ravena, NY. Registration located at the Ravena/Coeymans/Selkirk High School on NYS Route 9W (1-mile north of Ravena).
To Enter: Pre-registration on www.BikeReg.com or Day-of Registration $40 (Except Juniors).
Staging: All races have a 3 mile neutral start from the High School parking lot (included in race length).
Rules: All USA Cycling Road Racing Rules apply (no aero-bars or sleeveless jerseys; helmets required).
Questions: e-mail Paul McDonnell.